Search Contents for The Spiritual Sword
Volume 1, #1
THEME: “The Gospel Versus Liberalism.”
- 01… EDITORIAL, “Our Aim,” by Thomas B. Warren.
- 04… “Present-Day Religious Terminology,” by Cecil N. Wright. Orthodoxy, Conservatism, Fundamentalism, Liberalism, Modernism, Radicalism, Neo-Orthodoxy.
- 06… “We Can Know the Truth,” by James D. Bales, Can we know the truth or are we always just searching? The Deniers Are Affirmers; God’s Truth Can Be Known.
- 09… “A New Breed of Preachers,” by H.A. Dixon. Generation Gap.
- 12… “Mistakes the Bible Does not Make,” by Robert Camp. The Bible Does Not Teach an Unordered Universe; The Bible Does not Teach Spontaneous Generation; The Bible Does not Teach that Bleeding a Person is a Means of Increasing His Health; The Bible Does not Teach the Doctrine of a Flat Earth; Thousands More.
- 15… “Current Issues and the Law of the Excluded Middle,” by Thomas B. Warren. The Decline of Protestantism and the Cause of that Decline; Laws of Human Thought; Law of Excluded Middle; Current Opposition to the Truth of This Law; The Law of Excluded Middle Applied to Some Concrete Propositions; How This Writer Evaluates the Views Stated Above; The Gravity of this Question Must be Recognized.
- 18… “The Gospel is Relevant,” by Malcolm L. Hill. “There is not a person living today who can name one new sin basically and fundamentally.”
- 20… “How to Establish Bible Authority,” by Roy Deaver. Actions and Obligations; Authority is Established by Example; Authority is Established by Inference; Authority is Established by Direct Statement; Authority is Established by Expediency.
- 23… “The New Morality,” by Harold Hazelip.
- 25… “Freedom of Will Does Not Imply Relativism,” by Virgil R. Trout. The Basis of Free Will; The Assertions of Christian Revelation.
- 29… “Fellowship with Denominations?,” by Alan E. Highers. No Fellowship with Darkness (Ephesians 5:11); Know the Truth (John 8:32).
- 31… “We Can ‘See’ the Bible Alike,” by Andrew Connally. The Bible is God’s Revelation of His Will; The Bible Has Been Accurately Translated; The Bible is Infallible Always!; The Bible is Complete and Final, Absolutely; The Bible is Intelligible to the Intelligent; The Bible Can Be Understood by Man, Provided He is Honest; The Bible Properly Understood is Authoritative; This Understanding of the Bible Produces a Common Faith and a Common Obedience.
- 35… “What Are Our Most Pressing Needs?,” by Thomas B. Warren. A Situation in Our Own Nation; What Are We Doing about This Situation?; Our Task in this Matter; What is Needed to Accomplish this Task?.
- 38… “The Bible is Complete, Final, and Understandable,” by Eugene W. Clevenger.
- 41… “Some Basic Errors of Liberalism,” by Rubel Shelly.
- 44… “God’s Word Meets Man’s Needs,” by Rubel Shelly (2 Timothy 3:16-17).
DRL NOTE: I am listing the contents of the back issues of The Spiritual Sword on this blog. I am listing them in the way that I have found most helpful to me in my own searches from material on some subject or text. If it is of use to me in this format, perhaps it will help others also. There is an excellent SEARCH ENGINE on this page at the upper right.
If you would like to have further information on how to obtain these back issues or even a CD containing 31 issues, you may visit the website for The Spiritual Sword by clicking H-E-R-E.