Search Contents for The Spiritual Sword
Volume 1, #2
THEME: “The Inspiration of the Bible.”
- 01… “The Bible is Inspired and Authoritative—Our Basic Argument,” by Thomas B. Warren. The Most Fundamental Problem; Another Fundamental Problem; Has God Revealed Himself?; The Matter of “Authority” is Crucial; The Basic Argument; How Decide?; The Articles in this Issue.
- 04… “What the Bible Claims for Itself,” by William Woodson. The Claims of the Bible; Application to Problem Areas.
- 05… “Inspiration—It’s Meaning,” by Roy Deaver. Promise and Fulfillment; God and Authority; The Son and Authority; The Apostles and Authority; The Gift of Prophecy; Pertinent Passages (1 Corinthians 2:9-13; Ephesians 3:1-5).
- 11… “The Unity of the Bible,” by Roy Deaver. Unity in Theme and Purpose; Unity in Books; Unity in Presentation.
- 14… “The Influence of the Bible on Culture,” by H.A. (Buster) Dobbs.
- 16… “The Bible: Its Canon and Text,” by Neil R. Lightfoot.
- 18… “The Circulation, Translation, and Survival of the Bible,” by Clyde M. Woods. The Bible Has Survived; The Bible is Widely Circulated.
- 21… “The Bible Meets Man’s Needs,” by Max Leach.
- 23… “The Bible Deals with Profound Themes,” by Cecil N. Wright. God; World; Man; Salvation; Evil; Eschatology; Pure, Holy, Good.
- 26… “The Bible and Archeology,” by Jack P. Lewis. Shishak; Moabite Stone; Sargon; Sennacherib; Fall of Jerusalem.
- 28… “Treatment of Miracles in the Bible,” by Hugo McCord.
- 29… “Biblical Prophecy as an Evidence of Inspiration,” by Rubel Shelly. Prophecy Defined; Characteristics of Biblical Prophecy; Examples of Fulfilled Prophecy; Detailed Prophecies about Christ.
- 32… “The Bible View of God,” by Andrew M. Connally. Evidences of God’s Existence; The Characteristics of God—His Nature; The Omniscience or Wisdom of God; The Omnipresence of God; God’s Will.
- 35… “The Presentation of Christ in the Bible,” by E. Claude Gardner. The Pre-existence; His Mission; His Perfection; His Human and Divine Characteristics; His Death; His Resurrection; His Authority.
- 38… “The Bible View of the World,” by Eugene W. Clevenger. The Origin of the World; The Purpose of the World; The Destiny of the World; The Superiority of this View.
- 40… “The Bible and the Origin of Man,” by Robert Camp.
- 42… “The Bible and the Mind of Man,” by James D. Bales. Christianity Does Not Fetter Thought; Unbelief Fetters Thought.
- 45… “The Ethical Standard in the Bible,” by Harold Hazelip. Its Absolute Nature; Its Universal Nature; Its Unchanging Nature.
- 47… “Some Relationships of the Bible and Science,” by Virgil R. Trout. The Construction of a Positive View.
- 50… “How the Bible Deals with History,” by Earl West.
- 52… “The Importance of the Scriptures,” by Rubel Shelly. The Narrow Choice; Sure Foundation for Our Faith; Basis for Religious Unity; The Bible’s Claims Upon Us; Bibliolatry.
- 55… “The Bible is the Infallibly Inspired Word of God,” by Gus Nichols. The Book of Nature; Greatest Miracle in the Whole Universe; Can the Bible be a Witness in Its Own Defense?; Internal Evidences of Inspiration and Divinity; The Bible Was Written to Witnesses; Witnesses of the New; Unity of the Scriptures.
- 58… “The Inspiration of the Bible,” by B.C. Goodpasture.
DRL NOTE: I am listing the contents of the back issues of The Spiritual Sword on this blog. I am listing them in the way that I have found most helpful to me in my own searches from material on some subject or text. If it is of use to me in this format, perhaps it will help others also. There is an excellent SEARCH ENGINE on this page at the upper right.
If you would like to have further information on how to obtain these back issues or even a CD containing 31 issues, you may visit the website for The Spiritual Sword by clicking H-E-R-E.